Flight Simulator X Aircraft Install Tutorial
1. Download the aircraft into a folder on your PC. Example File
2. Right Click File & Extract to the same folder
3. You will now have a folder with the relevant files inside.
4. Open 2 folders on your screen.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and the download folder (where you save your download).
5. In our Example file (pa380_lh_fsx.zip) are two folders (Sim Objects and Effects).
Open The SimObject folder and Airplanes folder. Then you find Project Airbus A380-800 Lufthansa folder containing 4 subfolders Model/Panel/Sound/Texture(s) and some other files.
6. Move this folder (or copy & paste) into the SimObjects\Airplanes folder in the FSX directory.
7. Then go to the Effects Folder in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and copy or paste The Effects Files (pa380_lh_fsx / Effects) into the Effects folder
Finish. The Aircraft should be installed now.
Some Aircrafts have a gauges folder. This files must be in the Gauges folder in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
If the Aircraft not visible or some textures are gray or white you must install Service Pack 1 and 2 if you have allready installed Servicepack 2 check if you have enabled DX10, if yes turn it off.
Read more about Flight Simulator Service Packs